Where do I belong?

Ever since I was a child, I've been everyone's friend but nobody else's clique member. I try to avoid the hostile kids and made friends with the good ones. I was mostly known as everyone's friend, smiling and agreeable. Today, an organization that interviewed me had described me as agreeable, it's nice that I've not changed and she also added "humble". For me this is an accomplishment for others to find me humble is a great thing. Why? because pride is a thing that brings people down even when they try to set themselves as high as the sky. But looking at all the facebook friends and seeing pictures of old friends come together and continue meeting, made me realize that I've not really rooted myself in group relationships. I think because my family bond is so strong I know I don't need to belong, I have a group that holds me deep down where I will always be known to parents as their beloved daughter and the eldest Sister of 4 doting siblings. But I am not defined by my family in fact I don't want to be defined by my family. I always try to make a life of my own. And everytime I reach out and spread my wings to fly, my family is always there fearing for me being so far away and secretly praying and wishing I'd come home again soon. I understand it is a struggle to let someone they hold so dearly in their hearts go on in her own way and I guess they won't ever be ready until the day I make my own famiy but even so I still feel I do not belong. Honestly, our family cannot define us or dictate who are what we should be. Our Identity goes deep down and we will never be complete until we know who we are and what we are meant to do. So here I am still on that searching journey. I know who I am there's no doubt about that, but I still do not know what I ought to be doing (career wise). It's a little too late to still be wondering at the mature age of 30 but as what others have always said "Never settle, search and look for what you love to do..." I know deep down I ought to be doing something I know I can always commit to willingly and never grow tired of doing. But till then it gives me rest to know who I belong to, I belong to nobody but GOD's and that's why I don't need to belong anywhere else because HE is everywhere and I am HIS.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Miraculous Friday!

Home sweet home

Yehuda Maccabi